We work closely with corporate clients, private equity investors and their portfolio companies to deliver executable strategic growth plans, implement strategic planning processes and develop business cases for investment. Our approach to strategy is anchored in a data-driven, market-based methodology leveraging our decades of real-world experience managing corporate strategy and business development initiatives. Our team provides hands-on tactical support to senior executives and business development leaders throughout all stages of the strategic planning lifecycle.
Business Diagnostic & Portfolio Analysis
Our team can provide an “outside in” evaluation of a client’s business to serve as a benchmark for future corporate investment decisions. Our rigorous analysis of company alignment with served market trends and customer priorities, margin performance and pipeline opportunities provide CEOs and executives the necessary tools to align their growth strategies and go-to-market organizations based on current and future market and competitive trends.
We provide our clients an independent view of their competitive strengths and weaknesses across business segments, served markets, and customers. Arena’s analysis is based on a detailed evaluation of historical performance relative to internal plans, served market trends, and peer competitors. Our research and insights help our clients make informed decisions to prioritize and invest in the best areas to drive growth and improve profitability.
Organic vs. M&A Strategic Growth Analysis
Our approach is predicated first and foremost on maximizing ROI for our clients. Arena provides a holistic view of future growth options based on developing a deep understanding of our clients’ business drivers and current and future markets. Our services help to formulate strategic direction for prioritizing business development road-maps to expand organically in core and adjacent markets and determining viable and attractive opportunities to achieve scale and/or diversify through M&A.
Private Equity Investment Strategy
Private equity continues to be a significant source of investment capital for companies operating in government markets. We support new investors and those with existing platforms with development of market entry or expansion strategies for putting capital to work in the best areas of the market with a clear understanding of how to drive profitable growth.
Examples of Our Work
- A $3B Government services contractor asked us to support their annual strategic planning process with a detailed assessment of their current and future addressable markets. Our analysis has been used to support all subsequent M&A decision-making as we well as the alignment of internal operating groups and prioritization and streamlining of major strategic growth initiatives.
- A CEO of a company serving the Intelligence Community asked us to identify potential organic and M&A growth options. Arena developed a 5-year organic roadmap highlighting all major addressable contract vehicles in its core markets and viable M&A candidates that met client-determined financial criteria for achieving diversification into new Intelligence domains.
- A new CEO asked us to rapidly and holistically review his business and determine future growth options based on current markets and competitive position. We teamed with the CEO to present the resulting analysis to the business’ private equity owners and subsequently facilitated strategy workshops with the company to operationalize the strategy.
- A senior business development executive of a multi-billion-dollar international engineering and mission support provider asked us to develop a go-to-market strategy for addressing military aviation MRO markets. We defined current organizational capabilities that were aligned with military logistics and aircraft & engine repair activities and provided a growth roadmap that identified specific opportunities to subcontract with platform OEMs and prime contractor opportunities addressable by independent logistics and MRO services providers.
- A private equity investor asked us to help her team develop deployment strategies for new and existing funds, as well as identify operating partners and acquisition targets.